Hairdressing Apprenticeship In London
If you’ve just left school, a hairdressing career could be for you! Hairdressing is an incredibly rewarding career with great earning potential (you might be surprised at what a successful stylist makes…) and incredible training, plus you get paid while you learn!
During your hairdressing apprenticeship, you will spend one day every 2 weeks in college studying for your NVQ Level 2 while enjoying the best in house training with our award winning art team and Jamie himself at the salon. We have a brilliant, close knit team who will nurture and inspire you to be the best you.
You’ll work closely with our highly skilled stylists in the hair salons, earning while you learn. At the end of your training you will qualify with an NVQ Level 2 in Hairdressing and will work as a Stylist in one of our salons.
Because we want you to continue to progress in your career, we offer free ongoing training both in house and externally so you keep up to speed on the latest industry products, trends and techniques, and give you the opportunity to experience a number of different career paths.
Responsibilities of a Jamie Stevens Salons’ Apprentice:
- Attending college 1 day a fortnight to complete your NVQ Level 2 qualification.
- Assisting and closely watching hair stylists to learn about the styling and colouring of clients’ hair.
- Learning our specific techniques for shampooing and conditioning hair to the highest standards and carrying out luxurious head massages.
- Learning about retail products and advising clients on how to maintain just-stepped-out-of-the-salon hair at home
- Assisting when required on opportunities outside of the salon, including shoots and shows.
- Upholding our impeccable standards at all times and demonstrating a passion and knowledge of the hair industry.